You can't inject without an injector!
Click on the link to the left for our 4oz stainless steel injection needle, available through our store at Amazon.
Read more about injectors here.
Make it Meaty Directions:
- For our favorite methods and techniques, check out our
Injection Directions page.
- Mix 38g (about 1.75fl oz by volume, or 4 level TBS) of Make it Meaty with 1 quart of cold water or other liquids. For other sizes, such as the one gallon or five gallon pack, mix accordingly. Liquid can be broth, stock, water, juice, etc. Make it Meaty is effective over a wide range of pH, but mix just before use for best results, especially when adding vinegar or other acids.
- Product may settle, so mix before measuring small amounts.
- Refrigerate or chill liquid to 40° Fahrenheit before use.
- For meats thicker than one inch, inject thoroughly at one-inch intervals in a checkerboard pattern for best results.
- For meats thinner than one inch, submerse and soak.
- Allow a minimum of 4-6 hours to take effect. Longer is better.
- It's best to mix just before use for best results, but after mixing, Make it Meaty may be refrigerated or frozen for later use; practice standard food safety and discard if mold, bacteria or other contaminants are present.
- Discard any cross-contaminated mixture.
- Visit www.foodsafety.gov for more information on food safety.
“Rule of thumb” for required injection amounts:
- Chicken, 1-2oz per thigh, soak overnight or under vacuum.
- Brisket and pork, 16-32oz per 5 pounds, Inject in checkerboard pattern, allow to marinate 4-6 hours or overnight in remainder.
- Pork ribs, 8-16oz per rack, inject between bones or soak overnight.
- Turkey, 16-32oz per bird. Inject each side of the breast and wings.
- Your experience may vary. Experiment to find your personal preference!
- Our DIRECTIONS page offers tips to get you started.
Spices and other flavoring agents may be added to Make it Meaty, such as fruit juice in place of water, add a half-cup of your favorite spice blend (we like 3 EYZ rub) or 1/2 teaspoon of fine ground white pepper…use your imagination and Make it Yours!
A note on Nutrition
In the finished, cooked product, there will typically be less than 1 gram of Make it Meaty per pound of meat, so nutrition facts aren't very informative. If you are curious about the nutrition analysis of Make it Meaty, contact us for details.
Maltodextrin, Sodium Phosphates, Monosodium Glutamate, Salt, Onion Powder, Xanthan Gum, Disodium Inosinate and Disodium Guanylate, Natural Flavor
Now available - Culinary Flavors!
Not be confused for "injections", these culinary flavors compliment your cooking. These are not different flavors of Make it Meaty Injection Base, but flavors you use to taste...think of them like bullion, but better. Add to Make it Meaty Injection Base or use as a dusting or wherever you want to add more flavor.
We're adding two new natural flavoring ingredients to our offerings. Simple Beef and Savory Premium will add a new layer of complexity and depth to your existing method. More tools to elevate your flavor profile!Check them out on our Flavors Page
Our signature product is Make it Meaty Injection Base.
Make it Meaty has everything you want, nothing you don't. It enhances your flavor profile without introducing artificial flavors. It has the right food technology in the right proportions, so you don't need to adjust or fiddle to get the right balance of phosphates and flavor enhancers.
Four sizes, to meet your needs:
- One Quart pack eliminates measurements. Single use, too! Just tear and pour into a quart jar, shake, and you're ready to go. Buy the bulk pack for best value.
- One Gallon pack can be poured into a one-gallon jug, or it can be measured for smaller quantities, 38g (about 1.75 fluid ounces) per quart.
- Five Gallon pack is designed to be measured or weighed. Buy in bulk and save!
- Love this stuff? Buy the BUCKET and save! Five pounds of injection base makes 15 gallons of liquid injection.
Available through Amazon.com
...also available at these fine retailers.
One Injection, Any Meat
- Make it Meaty is a dry mix designed specifically to enhance competition barbecue, naturally, without adding any unwanted flavors. Its proven combination of commercial-grade enhancers brings out the best in meat without any artificial taste or aftertaste. It's subtle, but effective. Our blind taste-tests with focus groups preferred Make it Meaty every time.
- Mix it with water, inject or soak, and see immediate improvements in taste, texture and appearance.
- Make it Meaty Injection Base is designed for barbecue, but it works just as well on Thanksgiving turkey or anytime you want to elevate your cooking.
- Make it Meaty Injection Base works on all meats, because it has no flavor of its own. What it does is make the flavor you already have come to life.
- Make it Meaty Injection Baseimproves texture by locking in natural juices. It boosts flavor with proven enhancers, giving judges more in that “one bite”.
- Make it Meaty Injection Baseworks with your existing spice blends, bases and the other flavor profiles you've developed. It's clear, too, so never any streaking!
- Never tried injecting? Maybe it's time to start.
- Make it Meaty Injection Baseis available in four sizes: 1 quart, 1 gallon, 5 gallon AND "THE BUCKET" 15 gallon packages
Culinary Flavors and Injections for BBQ and more...
Looking for samples?
Get a One-Quart Sample Packet
of Make it Meaty
$9.95 +$1.75 1st Class postage